Friday, May 22, 2009

Beer Haiku Friday and Challenging American Pale Ales

Given it is freezing cold, blowing a gale and pouring with rain outside, I'm seriously contemplating firing up my beloved balcony barbeque for lunch. Today's beer haiku captures my cooking philosophy in a poem titled "Preparing for the Grill":
As the grill heats up
And the pork loin marinates
I marinate too
My latest post on the Malthouse blog has also just gone up. In "The Challenge of American Pale Ales" I impersonate a ring announcer, announce the return of a brewing contest, provide another link to that great imp picture and, eventually, talk about Little Creatures Pale Ale:
The world has always loved a great battle - David taking out Goliath, the armies of Rome battling the Vandals, the Royal Air Force defeating the Luftwaffe, Ali versus Frazier, George W Bush against the English language… In July 2009, one of New Zealand’s most heated brewing rivalries will be re-kindled.
Glass tips - The fine fellows at Beer Haiku Daily and Colin the Handsome Scotsman at the Malthouse

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home