Friday, May 11, 2007

Beerly Writing

In the latest edition of the Free Radical the beer column covers "The Mussel Inn - A whale of a time."
"It is quite frankly in the middle of nowhere and I have only spent one afternoon there, yet the Mussel Inn in Golden Bay remains a highlight of my beer drinking career."

"The Weasels beer – any of their standard beers mixed with 50% soda water – had me in stitches. That kind of subtle mockery is exactly what shandy drinkers deserve really."


Last weeks Wellingtonian had a column on "The new house of hops and malt" - the Malthouse.

"Many otherwise stoic Wellington beer lovers shed a little tear at the end of 2006 when the beloved Malthouse on Willis Street closed its doors. Their building was being redeveloped into yet another stack of shops, offices and apartments and the bar which served the largest range of beer in New Zealand was forced to seek a new home."


Both are reposted with the kind permission of the editors.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Cresswell said...

Kind! How dare you call me "kind"!

Christ, man, next thing people will be calling me "caring," and then where will we be. :-)

12:44 pm, May 11, 2007  
Blogger Neil said...

Technically I called the permission kind. I made no reference to the motivations behind it!

4:56 pm, May 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home