Thursday, December 21, 2006

Pre-Christmas Happy Hour

As the festive season is almost upon us and the mainstream media getting ready to hibernate, I thought I would put up some summer links to recent articles over at the Ale Files:

The Cellar Vate Beer Club decide on their beer of the year as the winners of this year's tastings go head to head here.

From the Wellingtonian (with kind permission), my top ten beers and top five Wellington bars here.

From the Free Radical (again with kind permission), my top ten beers and top ten places to drink nationwide here.

Also from the Wellingtonian, I give a frank assessment of the Loaded Hog here. This article has produced more feedback than anything else I have ever written with the only criticism being that I was not harsh enough.

Tasty details here about a big beer and food matching session at the Pride.

Finally, a bit of news. Heineken are releasing their 5-litre Draught Keg in New Zelaand. It says the patented system will keep the beer fresh for up to 30 days after opening. I haven't tapped my sample yet but it certainly looks pretty funky. Picture here.

Cheers

Neil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home